Barnyard millet known as ‘Kuthiravali’ in Tamil has 6 times high fibre content when compared to wheat. It is gluten free millet with high calcium, phosphorous and fibre. It is high in carbohydrates and fat too. It helps to maintain the body temperature and acts as a good anti-oxidant. Barnyard millet has low glycaemic index and helps in preventing and controlling type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease with regular. It is an excellent substitute for rice since it contains higher crude fibre which controls hunger pangs.
Namaveedu takes special care in providing its customers with high quality barnyard millet which is cultivated in an organic manner free from pesticides and harmful fertilizers, so that you and your family can enjoy the taste and health benefits of our traditional grains.
Benefits of Barnyard Millet:
- Helps to keep the body stable by regulating body temperature
- Controls diabetes and cholesterol
- Reduce harmful triglycerides and prevents heart diseases
- Abundant source of anti-oxidants
- Helps prevent anaemia
- High fibre helps to prevent constipation
- In Stock